Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So
10: “There is no higher achievement for a southern woman than the ability to eat barbecue and walk away stain free.” – Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy.
9. “I don’t know how to be a boyfriend,” he warns me. I cock a brow at him, smiling. “That’s too bad…since I have a PhD in girlfriendology from the University of So Many Feelings.” – The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre
8. “It was time to let go of the mad desire to remember. It was time to start living whatever life would come. In the present, not the past.” Let’s Get Lost by Adi Alsaid
7. “You are an ember in the ashes, Elias Veturius. You will spark and burn, ravage and destroy. You cannot change it. You cannot stop it.” – An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
6.“I am frequently underestimated. I think it’s because I’m short.” – Illuminae by Amie Kaufman,
5. “I will have you without armor, Kaz Brekker. Or I will not have you at all.” – Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
4. “My precious Alyssa, share reality with me. Give me forever. We will wreak such beautiful havoc together.” – Ensnared by A.G. Howard
3. “But she’s here, she’s mine. I’m hers.” – These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman
2. “Marry him,” Arin said, “but be mine in secret.” – The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
1. “If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?” I opened my mouth to say San Francisco or maybe Madrid—somewhere exotic. But what came out was, “Here. Right here.” – I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
What about you? Have you read any of these books and have a favorite quote? Or maybe one of these is your favorite book/quote? Let me know if the comments below!