Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they have a different theme for bloggers to post their top tens about, and this week I’m listing my…
Top Ten Bookworm Things That Delight Me
As a bookworm, there are several things about the written words and printed pages that make me giggle with happiness. Here is my Top Ten list of things that delight me.
10. The smell of a new book. This may sound crazy but something about those smell of a new book. You know what I’m talking about.
9. Meeting fellow book lovers in person. When I go to festivals or conventions and meet fellow book lovers who I have only been talking with online, it makes my day.
8. Deckled edges. Holy crow, not only are deckled edges beautiful, they feel really cool as well.
7. Meeting one of your favorite authors. I went to my first book tour two years ago and I have been hooked ever since. Being able to meet one of my favorite authors and talk books and more with them is such a rush!
6. Finding a book you have wanted on sale. Whether it be a book at a discount book shop, B&N, Amazon, Bookoutlet.com, wherever, finding the book you have wanted to read for a while on sale calls for a happy dance.
5. When you make new book friends and you have so many favorite books/authors in common. What an amazing feeling! It’s like you have just made a new best friend! You just cannot stop talking about your book favorites, sharing experiences.
4. Discovering a new favorite book that isn’t being talked about. Finding that hidden gem of a story is so awesome. You love the book so much that you want to scream from the rooftops that everyone should read it!
3. Book lovers/authors start to recognize you in person and on social media. Now that is a heck of a good feeling!! When they start to chat with you on Twitter and then recognize you in person, you feel good about yourself.
2. Special editions of favorite books. I know I am not alone with this. Harry Potter anyone?
1. When one of your friends reads a book you recommend and finally understands your feelings about it. THIS. When you get someone to read a book you gush over and they join you in fangirling… what an amazing thing.
What are your favorite things of being a bookworm? What would you add to this list?