Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Every week they have a different theme for bloggers to post their top tens about, and this week I’m listing…
Outrageous/Crazy/Uncharacteristic Things I’ve Done for the Love of Books
- I drove four+ hours to attend a festival
- I left my husband at home and got a hotel room on my own so I could attend a festival
- I missed a family gathering
- I left my husband with friends and no car
- I carried two very large canvas bags weighing about 90lbs
- I’ve also carried bags that weighed 85lbs and 70lbs
- I’ve stopped following/lost friendships because I didn’t like how someone handled themselves when it came to new books (meaning they were rude that they got an ARC when nobody else really did). I also lost friendships (loose term) because I felt I was being used for my arcs.
- I’ve fibbed about how much I really spent on books
- I started a hidden list on Amazon for the books I’m quietly keeping an eye on
- I’ve ignored adult chores so I could read/listen/finish a book I was highly addicted to.
What have you done for the love of books?